Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Fixed and Printed.

My bike is fixed in more than one way. It turns out it was my cranks that prevented the rotation. Its good to be on two wheels again. I die a little bit inside every time something goes wrong with my bike. On the CCA side of things a show I was once in is happening again this year, without me. Here is the info and a video I found...

Yozo Hamaguchi Printmaking Scholarship Awards Exhibition
August 31–September 13

Isabelle Percy West Gallery, Oakland campus
Reception: Sept. 6, 6–8 p.m.
Info: 510.594.3619

This exhibition features work by recipients of the Hamaguchi Printmaking Scholarship:

* Anna Bunting
* Tyler Graham
* Conor Ottenweller
* Michael Wong
* Marcos Weiss
* Alison Yates

Twelve years ago, Mr. and Mrs. Yozo Hamaguchi generously endowed a fund at California College of the Arts for the purpose of granting annual awards to outstanding students in printmaking.

Mr. Hamaguchi was a renowned master of color mezzotint printmaking, an esoteric form of intaglio printmaking invented in the 1600s. He is credited with reviving this form of printmaking in the 20th century.

The purpose of the awards is to foster excellence and dedication in the study and practice of printmaking at the college.

Jurors: Mikae Hara, Greg Piatt, and Kay Bradner.

No comments: